1. WHO CAN BE NOMINATED? Any teacher currently employed by the Oklahoma City Public School system, OKC Charter Schools, or Millwood Public Schools system. All nominees must be in the teaching profession a minimum of (3) years. If, during the nomination period or voting period, the teacher moves to a school outside the above listed school systems or ceases employment with aforementioned school systems, he or she will no longer be eligible for consideration for “Teacher of the Month”.
2. WHO CAN DO THE NOMINATING? To nominate a teacher, you must be a resident of Oklahoma. Teachers are allowed to nominate other teachers. You may nominate more than one teacher as you would like, but you may only nominate the same teacher once. Each winner may only win (1) month of this promotion for the “Teacher of the Month”. All information submitted in nomination forms will be subject to verification. PPBC and Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores reserve the right to reject and disqualify any entry they discover to be false or fraudulent.
3. HOW TO NOMINATE A TEACHER: The nomination forms will be available in the Black Chronicle Newspaper (print) and online (electronic) at www.blackchronicle.com; www.kvsp.com; and www.okcheartandsoul.com a total of (3) websites starting July 2015 and through the full calendar year. Nomination forms must be filled out completely. You must use your own name. Incomplete or false entries may be disqualified. All entries become the property of PPBC and Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores and will not be returned.
4. Persons submitting the nominations are asked to submit why this person should be “Teacher of the month?” And what are some of the nominee’s accomplishments in the education field while teaching at their school, i.e., test results, impact on the youth in their classroom and school, etc… What makes accomplishments make this teacher stand out to be recognized Teacher of the Month?
All forms can be submitted by mail or hand delivered at Perry Publishing and Broadcasting offices located at 1457 NE 23rd, Oklahoma City, OK, 73111, online or emailed at email@example.com.
5. SELECTING THE TEACHER OF THE MONTH: The winners will be subjective choices from a panel of judges of the PPBC and Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores. PPBC and Love’s panel will review all eligible nomination forms on the 15th of each month and choose the ‘Teacher of the Month” based on the following criteria: educational achievements in the classroom, community, extracurricular activities, and innovation of programs/techniques and student and class performance used by the teacher. NOTE: If more than one student nominates the same teacher, PPBC and Love’s will choose the student nomination that we believe shows the most impact. If a teacher is nominated during a particular month, but does not win during that month, he or she is not prohibited from consideration for a subsequent month. Each teacher has the right to decline the recognition, in which case the panel will have a second choice that will assume the PPBC & Love’s “Teacher of the Month” recognition for that particular month.
A. One teacher will be selected each month for Teacher of the Month starting September 2015 through March 2016. Each teacher of the Month will be notified via telephone or email.
B. The Teacher of the Month recipient school’s principal will be contacted and notified of the winning teacher from their school. The principal must agree to let PPBC and Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores tape, audio, or video in the school during the ceremony, acknowledging the winner of Teacher of the month.
C. Each “Teacher of the Month” will receive a certificate of recognition, and more.
The “Teacher of the Month” will also be featured in the Black Chronicle Newspaper with a full page ad with a picture for and an on air Radio Salute on KRMP AM/FM and KVSP FM both in Oklahoma City acknowledging their selection as Teacher of the Month.
The winner of Teacher of the Month automatically qualifies for Teacher of the Year award.
D. The Teacher of the Year will be selected from the Teacher of the Month winners. The Teacher of the Year recipient will be selected in April 2016 by PPBC and Love’s staff. The selection will be made based off their reasons for being selected Teacher of the Month and compared to other winners selected as Teacher of the Month. The Teacher of the Year recipient will receive a one-time cash donation from PPBC and Love’s in the amount of $500.00. This $500.00 cash donation is for the Teacher of the Year to purchase school supplies for his or her classroom only.
7. CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, likeness and voice recordings for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores and PPBC may waive any of these rules at their sole discretion. Love’s and PPBC reserve the right to discontinue the contest or alter any rules, portion or part thereof. Rules may be changed or added in whole or in any part. Any changes will go into effect immediately without notice.
8. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests. PPBC and Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores reserve the right to disqualify any individual that tampers with the promotional process or impairs the integrity of the campaign. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a nominator or nominee's disqualification at the sole discretion of Love’s and PPBC. Love’s Travel Stops and Country Stores and PPBC are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of the prize.
Copies of the written rules and a list of all “Teachers of the Month” and their student or teacher nominators will be available at Perry Publishing & Broadcasting Company offices located at 1528 NE 23rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73111, online at www.blackchronicle.com, www.kvsp.com, and www.okcheartandsoul.com