(BPRW) NBCU’s YVETTE MILEY ANNOUNCED AS SPEAKER FOR 10th ANNUAL NATIONAL BLACK ECONOMIC CONFERENCE: THE ROAD TO GENERATIONAL WEALTH
(Black PR Wire) West Palm Beach, FL – The National Black Economic Conference (NBEC) announces second-line up of speakers for the 10th Annual National Black Economic Conference, a 2 day virtual conference held on August 21-22, 2020. The conference will feature: panel discussions, keynote speakers, breakout sessions and the buy black virtual expo to showcase the growing global Black Business community. NBEC will also host the Written Black Experience, a premier book club featuring best-selling black authors from around the world.
Award-winning journalist Yvette M. Miley will be serving as a panelist for “The Impact of Media on Black Economy” panel discussion at this year’s conference. Miley serves as SVP of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for the NBCU News Group and NBC Sports. Miley has worked for NBCUniversal for 27 years. Before joining MSNBC and NBC News, Miley was Vice President & News Director of the Miami/Fort Lauderdale-based NBC owned and operated television station NBC 6/WTVJ in June 2004. In July 2001, Miley was named Vice President and News Director of the then-owned NBC station, WVTM-NBC 13 in Birmingham, AL.
Miley is the recipient of many of the industry’s highest honors. She received three Emmy Awards, including an Emmy for the MSNBC and NBC News coverage of the Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage in 2016; ten Edward R. Murrow Awards; a Society of Professional Journalists Award for her role during coverage of the Marathon Bombing in Boston; a DuPont-Columbia University Award; a George Foster Peabody Award for coverage of Hurricane Andrew in 1992; and four Associated Press Awards.
Miley’s additional accolades include a Pride Stars Award by Adweek in 2020; Distinguished Alumna Award by the President of the University of Florida in 2018; the National Association of Black Journalists’
Chuck Stone Lifetime Achievement Award in 2017; National Press Club recognition for her work as a mentor in 2016; a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Urban League of Palm Beach County in 2013; and the Miami-Dade Chamber of Commerce’s 2007 Corporate Executive of the Year. She was also named a Distinguished Graduate from the University of Florida in 1997.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Psyche Terry, Founder of UI Global Brands
- Dasheeda Dawson, Founder & Bestselling Author of The WeedHead™ & Company
- Armando Pantoja, Co-Founder of Hire Match
- Rufus & Jenny Triplett, Marriage Life Experts of Surviving Marriage in the 21st Century
- Nicole Chaplin, Master Personal Trainer of The Fitness Rockstar™
- Bernadette Morris, President/CEO of Sonshine Communications & Black PR Wire
- Sandy-Michael McDonald, Director of Broward County Office of Economic & Small Business Development
- Burnadette Norris-Weeks, Partner at Austin Pamies Norris Weeks Powell, PLLC
- Scheril Murray Powell, Esq., Agricultural & Cannabis Attorney at Doumar, Allsworth, Laystrom, Voigt, Adair, and Dishowitz LLP
- Roz McCarthy, Founder/CEO of Minorities for Medical Marijuana Inc.
- Cornell Crews Jr., Executive Director of Community Reinvestment Alliance of South Florida
- Dicky Sykes, Director of the Office of Diversity in Business Practices – School District of Palm Beach County
- Frank Hayden, Director of Office of Equal Opportunity – City of West Palm Beach
- Robert M. Ballou, Officer of Economic Development & Diversity Compliance Department Broward School District
- Adriana Clark, SE Region Director of Office of Small Business Southeast Region – U.S. Depart of Transportation
- Inez Long, President/CEO of Black Business Investment Fund
- Joseph Bell, Regional Manager of International Trade Development – Enterprise Florida
- Dale Holness, Mayor of Broward County
NBEC’s goal is to empower community members to take the necessary steps to grow and develop their enterprise, create wealth for their families, support black businesses throughout the US, and foster growth and sustainability while reducing unemployment and bridging the wealth gap in the US and beyond.
The theme for this year’s conference is “The Road to Generational Wealth”. A diverse group of subject matter experts will discuss the topics including “Secure the Bag – Securities, Stocks, Bonds”; “Equity through Homeownership”; “Thriving in a Global Crisis”; along with “What’s Hot in Innovation & Technology” and more.
“The National Black Economic Conference is timely and more relevant than ever given the current COVID-19 pandemic that is devastating our local and global economies and the death of George Floyd sparking the debate of the many elements of systemic racism. When the nation faces an economic recession, our communities experience an economic depression. This is the time for us to focus on creating, investing, and building sustainable financial resources for ourselves families, and communities. We must strengthen the black economy to not only survive but thrive for generations to come”, said Ann Marie Sorrell, President/CEO of The Mosaic Group and Founder of NBEC.
- August 21 & 22, 2020
- 9:30AM-10:45AM – Opening Session, Keynote
- 11:00AM – 12:15PM – Breakout Sessions (3)
- 12:15PM-1:15PM – Lunch/Virtual Shopping Hour
- 1:15PM – 2:30PM – Breakout Sessions (3)
- 2:45PM – 4:00PM – Panel Discussion/Closing
- 4:00PM – 5:30PM – Shop/Virtual Happy Hour
To learn more about the conference, keynotes, other speakers, and how to register visit www.nationalblackeconomicconference.com. One day registration is $59.00 (Friday or Saturday); Two-day registration is $99.00. Both registrations include access to panel discussions, keynote speakers, breakout sessions and the buy black virtual expo. Sponsorship and vendor opportunities are available.
Interviews with any speakers or organizers may be granted upon your request. For full media access to conference and workshops, please email media contact Danielle A. Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, for your all access media pass.
For more information about the National Black Economic Conference, please contact The Mosaic Group at
(561) 651‐9565 or via email, email@example.com.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL BLACK ECONOMIC CONFERENCE
(FORMERLY THE SOUTH FLORIDA BLACK ECONOMIC FORUM)
The National Black Economic Conference (NBEC) is an annual initiative to connect, engage, and inform black business owners and professionals about opportunities, resources, and programs that will increase the number and scale of black owned businesses in the United States and globally. In addition, the conference aims to create dialogue and solutions for creating multi-generational wealth and building sustainable communities. The Mosaic Group in partnership with the Urban League of Broward County and several businesses and community partners host this annual event.
ABOUT THE MOSAIC GROUP
The Mosaic Group is a full-service events management, marketing and public relations firm, which employ experienced specialists to make any event, campaign and community involvement effort successful. Our clients are organizations that are interested in diversification, increasing their visibility in the community and developing mass marketing opportunities.
The content and opinions expressed within this press release are those of the author(s) and/or represented companies, and are not necessarily shared by Black PR Wire. The author(s) and/or represented companies are solely responsible for the facts and the accuracy of the content of this Press release. Black PR Wire reserves the right to reject a press release if, in the view of Black PR Wire, the content of the release is unsuitable for distribution.