“The seven Silent Witnesses of Jesus,” Good Friday worship services, will be held by the Faith Memorial Baptist Church and will be broadcast online on Friday, April 2.
The broadcasts will air online on the church’s Facebook page.
The first broadcast will begin at noon and continue until 3 p.m. and the second broadcast will begin at 6:30 p.m. and continue until 8:30 p.m.
The presentations will include the testimony of seven inanimate objects that were intimately involved in the events of the Friday Jesus Christ was crucified.
The speakers at the first broadcast and their characters are:
- Rev. Chester West of the Emmanuel Baptist Church, The Robe;
- Rev. Elvin Mack of the Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church, The Whip;
- Rev. James K. Grayson of the Israel Chapel Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, The Garment;
- Rev. Milton Bowen of the Shepherd Street Christian Church, The Cross;
- Rev. Elliot Parker of the United Baptist Church, The Spear;
- Rev. Robert Proutt of the Grace City Community Church, The Veil; and
- Bishop Donald Boone Sr. of Resurrection of Life Ministries, The Tomb.
Speakers at the second broadcast and their characters are:
- Rev. Robin Wade of Faith Memorial Baptist, The Robe;
- Regina West of Emmanuel Baptist, The Whip;
- Norma Noble of the Evangelistic Baptist Church of Christ, The Garment;
- Rev. DesJean Jones of the Mt. Triumph Baptist Church, The Cross;
- Alberta Bean of Faith Memorial Baptist, The Spear;
- Gail Wilburn of the Neighborhood Baptist Church, The Veil; and
- Rev. Angela Brewster of the First African Methodist Episcopal Church, The Tomb.
- Both broadcasts will be aired online at facebook.com/FaithMemorial3117NKelley.
Patrons should look for the light green circle with an F in the middle.